Health and Wellness Resources
We recognize that the mental health of everyone has been impacted during this difficult time. It is critical now more than ever that our students have the tools to reconnect with themselves.
The following health and wellness resources and services are available to Alexander Academy students and families at no extra cost.
Counsellor Via Appointment
Kids Help Phone
Students in Canada who need to talk to a counsellor outside of Health and Wellness Counsellor’s office hours, please text or call Kids Help Phone 1-800-668-6868, which is available 24/7 and is anonymous and confidential.
- 12 Instant Stress Busters by KidsHelpPhone
- Self Care Checklist by KidsHelpPhone
- A COVID-19 Guide for Youth by Foundry BC
- Instruction on Self-Isolation – Coronavirus Factsheet from the Government of Canada
Other Useful links
- Frequent Asked Questions “Continuity of Learning in the K-12 education system”:
- Education Minister Rob Fleming announces on March 17, 2020 in-school classes are suspended until further notice. The Minister’s letter to parents and staff can be found at:
- Information about COVID-19, including information for schools and families, is regularly updated on the BC Centre for Disease Control site:
- All joint statements from Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry and Minister of Health Adrian Dix are posted here:
- KIDS and COVID-19 QA:
- Government of Canada – Novel Coronavirus in China Travel Health Notice: