University Transfer Program
Top Admissions Rate to Universities
Student Acceptance Letters (PDF)
At Alexander Academy, we know how important it is to prepare our students for their studies after high school. Our University Transfer Program is designed to provide students with the opportunities to finish high school for courses while taking university transfer courses concurrently at our sister school, Alexander College.
Students are able to finish their mandatory studies within a ten-month program and simultaneously receive university credits for up to two university transfer courses.
The University Transfer Program is designed for grade 11 and 12 students who require less than 10 credits to graduate. Students who join this program will complete their high school diploma in one academic year, including summer school, if necessary. If desired, this program also gives students the option to study dual credit courses concurrently at our sister school, Alexander College.
The dual credit aspect of this program is for highly motivated students with a strong academic standing who would like to begin their university transfer studies while in high school.
The BC Ministry of Education allows students to take courses at recognized post-secondary institutions and count these courses as four-credit non-subject-specific grade 12 courses towards completion of the requirements for high school graduation while, at the same time, receiving full university transfer credit.
After meeting all requirements, the student may then begin university concurrent studies at Alexander College.
Benefits of taking the University Transfer Program
- Taking a university-level course at Alexander College while you complete the high school Dogwood diploma. (Students get high school credits AND college credits)
- Gain a deeper understanding of the subject. Take courses that high schools do not have to offer.
- Expand your network – receive support and inspiration from other classmates and instructors
- Build confidence – from overcoming challenges
- University Preparation
- Letter of Recommendation from the instructor