Alexander Academy is an independent high school (grades 8-12) located in downtown Vancouver that offers both the BC high school graduation program and the IB Diploma Programme. We are looking for a teacher for a full-time role starting February 1st, 2021. Contract ends June 30th, 2021.
This role will be responsible for teaching a variety of Art and English classes in the BC curriculum. Reporting to the Head of School, the appointed person will be a well-qualified and skilled teacher.
This will critically involve:
- Teaching the BC high school curriculum (Dogwood);
- Ensuring the overall academic standards and assessments within the BC curriculum are maintained at a high standard and that students receive engaging and carefully thought-out educational experiences;
- Having processes and procedures in place to ensure that the quality of learning and achievement is monitored, evaluated and shared;
- Fostering and facilitating professional development;
- Ensuring that the course taught is fully articulated in terms of skills and concepts.
Ideally candidates will have the following experience and skills:
- Has recent experience of teaching in the BC high school system;
- Holds a minimum of a Bachelor of Education degree;
- Meets all of the requirements and certifications to teach in BC;
- Experience teaching in a technology rich environment;
- Able to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team;
- Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with staff members, students, parents, and outside community agencies and partners.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply by sending a PDF copy of your cover letter and detailed resume to email@example.com. We thank all interested parties. We regret that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information, please visit our website at www.alexanderacademy.ca/