Our New Campus and Navigating Learning During a Pandemic
Written by Alexander Academy in School News on February 3, 2021
The ribbon has officially been cut on Alexander Academy’s new downtown Campus!
Alexander Academy officials were joined by students, and staff on Tuesday, January 5th, to celebrate the grand opening of our beautiful downtown Vancouver high school campus.
Alexander Academy’s campus location at 100-600 West Hastings (just across the street form Simon Fraser University and around the corner from UBC’s downtown campuses) includes 17 classrooms, student lounge, computer lab, a beautiful library, a fully equipped science lab and learning commons, among other amenities.
Now open to students, our campus can accommodate upwards of 250 students enrolled in one of our four unique programs.
Below are the programs we offer:
- BC Dogwood Graduation Program
- University Transfer Program
- English Language Development Program
- Summer Program
- A new semester: In class, remote, and hybrid learning at Alexander Academy
This new semester’s preparations have been fraught with added anxiety as we strive to balance the need to reduce the spread of Covid-19 while providing our students with a productive learning environment. At Alexander Academy, not only do we have a new campus but we have also adapted our educational strategy
Starting February 2nd, 2021, we offer three options to our local students:
- Daily in class learning: This model closely follows B.C.’s plan includes new health and Special safety measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. These extra layers of protection measures include:
- Consistent groups of people
- Robust illness policies for students and staff
- The ability to have people follow effective personal practices like hand washing, mask wearing, and social distances.
- Hybrid model that combines both online and in class learning: This model allows families to make the choice to keep their child at home for two days during the week (Mondays and Fridays) and attend their classes via Zoom. All students in the hybrid model are required to attend physical classes Tuesdays through Thursdays.
- Educate students through remote learning: This third model will allow select students to stay at home and learn entirely remotely via Zoom with the exception of attending school for major in-class assessments. This model is available to students who:
- Have full parental permission
- Are currently in good academic standing
- Can maintain good academic standing throughout the semester
This model IS NOT available for students who are currently Out of Province.
Through each model, our goal is to support students throughout the crisis.
Looking to start the application process? Apply to Alexander Academy here
You can apply online above or request additional information below.
Request More Information✖
- Book a private campus tour
- Attend Student-for-a-Day
- Join an Open House
- Attend an information session
- Request an information package
- Ask any questions