Dear Parents and Custodians,
Here you will be able to see up-to-date information about your child (or children) and also be kept informed of relevant school information and upcoming events.
Alexander Academy uses the MyEducation BC portal to communicate with students and parents. Important academic information such as report cards* and attendance records can be viewed by both students and parents through the link below. User accounts are activated by the school after the student has begun studying. Please note that when you login for the first time upon receiving a notification email, a red screen will show up to make a NEW PASSWORD. You must make a new password in order to login. This is normal.
*Complete report cards for Grade 8 and 9 students can be obtained by contacting the front desk at email@example.com
If a child is sick or will be unable to attend class, the parent, custodian or homestay is responsible for contacting the school ahead of time either via email or phone to inform the front desk. Students cannot be excused from school without approval by their guardian.
Alexander Academy’s attendance policy requires 90% attendance rate. For more information on our attendance policy, please click on the tab below:
Alexander Academy believes that regular attendance promotes student learning, demonstrates a commitment to the achievement of the British Columbia Graduate Requirements and is essential for the student’s overall success. Attendance at Alexander Academy is compulsory.
- Students may be excused for illness, injury, emergencies, religious observance and for
- Absences for vacations and extended trips cannot be considered excused. Alexander
Academy teachers will not be responsible for producing work assignments or providing
make-up assignments, tests or exams for students. All notification of absence due to
vacation or family trip must be submitted in writing to the Head Teacher.
- The goal is for every student to be in school every day. A student with less than 90%
attendance is in violation of our attendance policy.
- Students are responsible for all course work and assignments while absent. When a test is missed due to illness, a note from a parent/guardian acknowledging his/her awareness that a test has been missed, due to illness, is required.
- When missing an examination due to illness, a doctor’s note is always required. Any
examination or test missed due to vacation or truancy will not be rescheduled, and will be assigned a mark of incomplete (I) as this summative assessment must demonstrate
evidence that course expectations have been met with success.
90 Percent Rule
In addition to the Compulsory Attendance, there is the 90 Percent Rule, which states that
students must attend class for 90 percent of the time it is offered to receive credit for the
- If the student doesn’t meet the 90% rule, he/she may not receive credit for the course, or advance in ELL courses, and could face expulsion.
- Students who attend less than 90% of classes are required to make up the missed
instructional time. If students master course content and satisfactorily meet expectations outlined in the syllabus; they must receive credit for the course.
- When a student fails to attend 90% of classes, parents are notified with a warning letter.
- Students and Parents sign an attendance agreement, and follow a plan to make up
- Students whose attendance chronically remain under 90% after intervention may
face possible expulsion.
We love to showcase what our students are up to! Our intention is to provide a sneak peek into life at Alexander Academy, especially for those with families abroad. Our Facebook, WeChat and Instagram are frequently updated with photos and information about fieldtrips, classroom activities, assembly days, and much more.