“My daughter is thriving at Alexander Academy. The learning environment challenges her academically and allows her to succeed.”- Parent
Alexander Academy provides a safe, caring, internationally-minded environment and a curriculum that encompasses action, service, academics, arts and healthy living.
We expect excellence and foster attitudes of creativity, engagement, empathy, respect and integrity.
Engagement, Empathy, Respect, Integrity
Alexander Academy strives to be a diverse and inclusive community of internationally minded leaders and learners committed to shaping a better world. Our success is built on offering a rigorous curriculum and placing our students first.
Goals for our school
Deliver an excellent academic program.
- Provide an outstanding IB world school program education
- Foster excellent teachers
- Pursue innovation and technology
- Offer excellent programming and course offerings
- Provide academic success for all students
- Provide a safe and caring learning environment for all students
- Provide a foundation for successful progress through more advanced studies.
- Encourage and enable students to achieve their goals and obtain the credentials they seek.
- Establish and maintain a reputation for excellence in the academic community in every aspect of school programs, activities and services.
Develop engaged global citizens.
- Foster individual growth and development by supporting each student’s academic achievement and involvement in the community life of the school
- Increase post-secondary opportunities
- Develop international connections
- Offer a strong service learning program
- Foster a community of international and local students
- Build a strong philanthropy program
Support the whole child.
- Offer a strong leadership development program
- Strengthen extra-curricular and house system
- Invest in technology, arts and healthy living
- Increase focus on wellness
Offer an active learning environment.
- Provide access to diverse outdoor learning spaces
- Offer experiential learning
- Increase technology integration
- Provide a strong Art/Drama program
Goals for our students:
- Critical Thinking: the ability to think using analysis, synthesis, evaluation, problem solving, judgment, and the creative process.
- Personal Growth and Responsibility: the ability to understand and manage self, to function effectively in social, cultural, and educational environments.
- Technology and Quantitative Literacy: the ability to locate, understand, evaluate, and synthesize information and data in a technological and data driven society and to use logic and mathematics to deal effectively with problems and issues.
- Appreciation of the Arts, Culture, and Humanities: the ability to recognize, appreciate, encourage, and contribute to human society.
- Information Literacy: the ability to recognize the role of information in making judgments and decisions, and the ability to locate, evaluate, and use it effectively.
- Scientific Reasoning and Literacy: the ability to apply the basic principles of science and methods of scientific inquiry.
- Service Learning: the ability to seek and fulfill meaningful community service, with a heightened sense of community, civic engagement, and personal responsibility.
- Global Citizenship: the ability to understand of how the world works economically, politically, socially, culturally, technologically and environmentally.