Alexander Academy is currently hiring for the following positions.
Please continue down the page for full descriptions of each position and how to apply.
Administrative Assistant to the Head of School
The Administrative Assistant reports to the Head of School, providing well-rounded administrative support.
Full time, permanent
- Monday to Friday
- 8:00am – 4:30pm
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma from a BC Secondary school (or equivalent)
- Minimum of two years of post-secondary education
- Minimum of one year related work experience
- Superior oral and written communication skills;
- Experience working with speakers of other languages;
- Flexible with a ‘team player’ attitude;
- Able to take initiative and complete tasks as assigned;
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office, and other Mac or PC applications;
- Proficient in English;
- Understanding of MyEducation BC is desirable
- To perform duties as assigned by the head of school,
- To support the school and its leadership
- To monitor invoicing, expenditures, collections, and cash flow; to maintain appropriate financial records;
- Database entry and maintenance;
- To maintain complete academic records on all students as per Ministry requirements:
- Facility, office, and supplies maintenance
- Customer Service/Student Inquiries
- Other duties and tasks as required
If you are interested in this position and would like to apply, please submit your resume and cover letter by PDF – Attention: Berenice Lewis.
Thank you for your interest in Alexander Academy. Only shortlisted contacts will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Teachers on Call (all subject areas)
- A valid BC Teacher Certificate number is preferred but not required;
- Experience working with English language learners is an asset;
To apply please email a cover letter and resume, including the names and contact information for two referees, and a copy of your BC Teacher’s Certificate to the Head of School, Berenice Lewis at email@example.com
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Alexander Academy is seeking BC-certified teaching professionals in various high school subject areas. The successful candidate must have the following:
- Canadian residency and legally entitled to work in Canada;
- Certification to teach in British Columbia;
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team;
- The ability to endorse the school’s mission and vision statement.
HOW TO APPLY: Please apply by sending a PDF copy of your cover letter and detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all interested parties. We regret that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.